Monday, October 28, 2013

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

Psalm 66:5- “Shout with joy to God, all the earth!” Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious! say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!” So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down before you. “
He is the almighty God and we should worship Him for Who He is, for what He has done and for what He IS doing. All of God's great work is not in the past. He is at work even today through individuals, couples and families. We should revere Him because what He is doing right now through people that choose to forsake themselves daily.  Psalms 66:5 says, ~ 'Come see what the works of God, He is awesome in His doing with the sons of man.' What is He doing today that should inspire such awe and inspiration?

We could make a list. Just in our little circle of friends, we want to share with you what God is doing. This is our little Hebrews 11 community, but certainly not all of them. I ask you to take a moment and visit these movements that He is involved in right now. See how AWESOME God's deeds are. See where and what He is doing right now with those that 'GO'. Short of our Savior, I believe  some of God's greatest work will be happening in the days to come through His believers and their obedience to fulfill His mission, by those that Go, Send, Pray, Welcome and Mobilize. I want to focus on the GO-ers today. Behind each of these families is a host of senders, prayers, and advocates and the church. They could not go if it was not for those that obeyed God telling them to send and pray and support. I am thankful for the body of Christ that obeys to get His mission completed.


But firstly, I want to recognize a family that influenced and inspired us several years ago when they obeyed God and moved to East London, South Africa. The Fudge Family. Philip and Becky sold everything and moved to a remote area of South Africa to partner with several movements of God. Among them was a school that they were instrumental in bringing Jesus too. We experienced them sharing Jesus to the least of these- orphans, the sick and afflicted with AIDS, the downtrodden. They are back in America, living out their 'next' journey here in America- but what impresses me most with this family is their obedience to do what God asked of them. They went. They came back. They sacrificed and witnessed God's goodness around the world. Thank you Fudges for your obedience. Your ripples of obedience touched our lives in a profound way.
David and Liz Even: Vereeniging, South Africa ~ working with J-Life in Johannesburg,
South Africa-   As part of David's role at J-Life, he visits between 4-8 countries each year. He meets with the country leader, their family, board members and just gets to serve along side them and mentor them for several days. J-Life's mission is to raise indigenous leaders that will work within their community to make disciples that make disciples. They see that the most successful way to disciple is to start within the community with a  primary focus being training and coaching emerging leaders to implement the disciple making model. For this to be done effectively, potential leaders are recruited annually for a year-long program. These leaders are trained and coached intensively for a four month period and then released to multiply this training by coaching others in local churches. We are so blessed to know the Evens. We love their family deeply. Check out their blog: http://www.evenfamily5.blogspot.com/
 

Robert and Sandy Spengler: Partnering with Lifesong for Orphans in Zambia, Africa. They have an amazing story. Sandy worked at FBC McKinney as the Missional Life Assistant. What she is, is an amazing guru to the missions world today. She and her husband obeyed God by partnering with Lifesong. Robert is a highly successful construction guru. He and their son, Caleb are behind the building of a school for Lifesong. I copied the following from their blog, " Robert and I will be selling most everything we own so that we can move to Zambia in April (2013) so Robert can manage a construction project for Lifesong for Orphans. We get the privilege to forsake ourselves and our stuff for Him."
What I love most about Sandy and Robert is their heart and that they are the real deal and they are just a couple of gurus. (ha). They are highly successful back here in America. They had everything, and they obeyed the LORD and cashed it in for the Him. Check out her blog. Love the Spenglers.


I recently was talking about this sweet family in the Dallas, TX area, and the person I was
talking to was shocked that there are missionaries here. This family is amazing and we love them dearly. Nathan and Mary Margaret Bogue. Nathan serves as Director of Mobilization to recruit, train, and develop Christ followers to engage and participate in God's mission through The 25 Project . Compelled by the Gospel they seek to bring hope and healing to the “least of these” as Jesus teaches in Matthew 25. Strategically, they serve the target countries of Dominican Republic and Sierra Leone.  The unique call is to disciple indigenous families to model godly life and teaching to orphaned children considered the “least of these” in this world through Christian foster care and sponsorship programs.  Please visit their blog: http://www.thebogues.com/



Meet Mike and Kim Simpson and Family: This family has been on mission for years for the LORD. They obeyed Him when He called them out to depart for Cochabamba, Bolivia on a one-way ticket! From their blog: "For the next year, we will be partnering with LifeSong for Orphans and missionary friends to establish Fundación Esperanza Children's Home (Hope Foundation). The foundation will provide Christ centered care for orphans in baby homes, adoptions, foster care families, nutrition, health care, education, transitional homes, and sustainable business programs in Bolivia." They are committed to changing the trajectory of orphaned and vulnerable children in Bolivia. We love this family very much and hope you can visit their website. God is doing amazing things through their obedience. http://simpsonbolivia.blogspot.com


There are many more I wish I could recognize and post. As our journey continues, we find more and more that are stepping out in obedience. Those with careers- good careers, leaving it to obey what God has told them to do. They sacrifice, suffer, and love with abandon the road God has asked them to take. I am grateful to the body of Christ that obeys and acts on what God is calling them to do. The next great works of God will be done by those that are obedient and live intentionally. Many of you know this video by Francis Chan. Please watch it and consider what 'safe' looks like.








and I will leave you with this: I am trying to memorize this as it is powerful word we believe:
This was written by a young African pastor and was found among his papers in Zimbabwe after he was martyred. This essay was given to Dr. Nina Gunter, general NMI (Nazerene Missions International) director, by the late Dr. Louise Robinson Chapman, former missionary and general NMI president.

   "I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His, and I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I'm done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.
   I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right ot first or tops or recognized or praised or rewarded. I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit power.
 My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road may be narrow, my way rough, my companions few, but my guide is reliable and my mission clear. I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.
   I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of adversity. I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
   I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes for His own. And when He does come for His own, He'll have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear!"
 Where are you in the Fellowship of the Unashamed? May we all live out intentional lives for Christ daily and not seek the 'safe' routine.~ Lesley

0 comments:

Post a Comment