Thursday, April 10, 2014

Living in Two Worlds

It has been difficult finding words for our updates. We are in the Middle of 2 Worlds right now. Forsaking our former life here to a 'new different' yet we are not there yet- we are still here anxiously wanting to be there. Looking ahead is our motivator as we meet 5-8 times a week with individuals and families to raise funds to go fulfill our calling that the Lord has given us. It has looked the same since making major life decisions: selling the house to downsize to the apartment, living on a missionary budget to prepare to go. For those thousands before us that have done what we are currently doing, they all tell us the same thing. It is a long road to prepare and there will be distractions that try to keep your eyes off the goal God laid out for us. Of lately, Mike's corporate job has offered him a promotion and a pay increase, to which he told them he was leaving his job for ministry. Sometimes I feel like Frodo in Lord of the Rings. The journey has been long and I have to think real hard to remember the Shire. (our Shire is being Pasadena,CA/ Perspective) So there isn't much to really report on, other than say, "We serve an amazing God and He will supply all our needs and He is Good all the time." I read this blog post from our friends Liz and David Even, who are our missionary friends in Africa working for J-Life Ministries (http://www.jlife.org.za/). This blog post from Liz as she is in the Holy Land encourages me as we are still preparing to go and gives wind to my sails and encourages me to press on and think about Jonah and to continue to be obedient to God's calling. I hope this post speaks to you and encourages you to continue to obey the Lord even when it doesn't make sense. May God be glorified through acts of obedience. Go God: 
Post from Liz Even (evenfamily5@gmail.com or www.evenfamily5.blogspot.com)

Jonah moment


Well here as I sit this morning in Tele Viv, other wise known as Jappa, I was thinking of Jonah. As you may know, Jappa is where Jonah hopped on the boat to flee his calling from The Lord. Many times in my life I have wanted to flee from what God wanted me to do or say or go. I remember when The Lord called us to Africa, I thought to myself -I do no want to be Jonah. Whatever The Lord tells me to do, I must do it. That's obedience. But it's more difficult to say than do sometimes.

It can be from the smallest to the biggest thing. It may not be something as 'large' as moving countries but walking across the street to your neighbor or saying a nice word to a frazzled mom as she shops or anything. Saying sorry to someone. Could be anything but whatever The Lord asks of you then we must do it.

Don't have a Jonah moment where you disobey God. I will forever remember Jonah. Now seeing Jappa at the Mediterranean Sea.

The Mediterranean Sea where Jonah hopped a boat to avoid God's calling. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment